[llvm-dev] Is there a way to convert between SchedMachineModel and Itineraries?

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 9 10:31:03 PST 2015

----- Original Message -----

There is no direct conversion. Although they are similar models, they are different. The strength of Itineraries lies in modeling pipelines with complex hazards (especially those that are not fully pipelined, or have other similar ordering constraints). SchedMachineModel can't do that. Unless you need to represent those kinds of constraints, SchedMachineModel is preferred. We'd like to move toward using SchedMachineModel for most things.

 -Hal

> On Friday, November 6, 2015, Rail Shafigulin < rail at esenciatech.com >
> wrote:
>

> Is there a way to convert between SchedMachineModel and Itineraries?
>

> I was trying to write a very simple VLIW packetizer (Hexagon was my
> starting point). It turns out that current DFAPacketizer is using
> itineraries, but my schedule is based on SchedMachineModel (I was
> recommended to use it since the itineraries are being phased out). I
> was wondering if there is an automated tool that would convert from
> SchedMcahineModel to Itinerary based mode? As far as I understand
> they both convey the same information so there should be a way to
> convert between them.
>
> --
>

> Rail Shafigulin
> Software Engineer