[llvm-dev] Adding some modernize checks to default Clang-tidy configuration

Richard via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 5 10:01:18 PST 2015

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply; otherwise I will not see your reply.
Thanks.]

In article <CAJm83LTzQ95h3W6Lv6HYxoxd=ERA2ZmMyVYeSaXSLQT76gxu0w at mail.gmail.com>,
    Eugene Zelenko via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> I think will be good idea to add some modernize checks to default
> Clang-tidy configuration for LLVM, Clang, LLD, Compiler-rt and Clang
> extra tools. This will help to maintain code base compliant with
> C++11.
>
> Proposed checks are: [...]
>
> modernize-redundant-void-arg

I am the author of this check and it is new to clang-tidy.  While I
did my best to cover all the cases I could think of with tests, it is
probably best to be conservative and try it by hand for a while before
adding it to any automatic configuration.

Thoughts?