[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: CodeView debug info emission in Clang/LLVM

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 4 10:04:23 PST 2015

Yes the PDB implementation will absolutely be shared.

I'm not responsible for the DWARF reading code in LLDB, but my
understanding is that it is the way it is because they want to load a lot
of debug info lazily and so their reader is optimized for that use case.  I
don't know, I personally think if one had the will and the knowledge, that
they could drive a change to LLDB to use LLVM's DWARF reading code, making
changes to LLVM's implementation along the way to make sure that the
performance characteristics remain the same.  I would love it if someone
did that.