[llvm-dev] beginner problem with cross compilation

fateme Hoseini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 2 12:37:27 PST 2015

Hi everyone,
I am a new commer and I 'm tying to use LLVM to cross compile a code. I
want to cross compile to MIPS and the host is the default x86. The more I
read the document the more confused I get. I see documents on
cross-compiling to ARM. But some install some gcc packages, while some use
clang. I don't know where to start and how to do it.
Is this just enough to run a command line like this:

llc -march=mips test.bc -o testmips

will the testmips file be executable for mips?
I will appreciate if anyone help me with this problem.
Thanks,
Fami