[LLVMdev] PIC Micropchip Backend

Woodrow Barlow wjbarlow at ncsu.edu
Sun May 31 21:55:30 PDT 2015

I am interested in developing a backend for the PIC microcontrollers.
Specifically, I plan to write for the 8-bit MCUs, but would hopefully also
support the 16 and 32 bit models (eventually). It is my understanding that
a backend for PIC16 was previously a part of the project but was dropped in
version 2.9. Is there any development on this front currently? Is there any
interest in developing this for the current build of LLVM? Why was the
original support dropped? Would it make a good basis for current support,
or has the core software changed too much since then?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has any insight. Thank you.

 - Woodrow Barlow