[LLVMdev] Error in building Gold on FreeBSD

Davide Italiano davide at freebsd.org
Fri May 29 17:46:45 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Aditya Verma
<aditya.verma.cse12 at iitbhu.ac.in> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I followed the steps on
> http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html#lto-how-to-build to build the gold
> plugin on FreeBSD but !
>
> Heres a link to the screenshot of the
> error:http://postimg.org/image/anlpuufbl/
>
> This is the error message that it shows and so I am also unable to get
> ld-new. I checked and no CFLAGS were set in etc/make.conf.
>
> How to proceed with the installation? I am using the deault clang version
> supplied with FreeBSD 10.1.
>
> Regards
> Aditya

The FreeBSD port ships with some local patch that might have not been
upstreamed (yet).
If binutils pkg doesn't work for you, you might want to check the port
to see how newer binutils versions are built on FreeBSD.
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/binutils/

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare