[LLVMdev] RFC: Separate machine IR from lib/CodeGen into lib/MIR

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed May 27 08:08:32 PDT 2015

> On May 26, 2015, at 11:20 PM, Quentin Colombet <qcolombet at apple.com> wrote:
>
> +1.
>
> Could those two be subdirectories of one “Machine-Related-Stuff” directory?
> E.g.,
> MachineStuff/IR
> MachineStuff/CodeGen
>
> Where MachineStuff is something meaningful :).
>
> That way, they keep a logic bound, more formal than the naming convention.

Something like?

lib/Machine/IR
lib/Machine/Passes

Unless there will be many subdirectories, it seems slightly better to flatten out the layer.

Also, if we’re getting crazy here, CodeGen in clang should be renamed to IRGen, AsmPrinter should be renamed to MCGen, and SelectionDAG should be replaced ;-)

-Chris