[LLVMdev] Doxygen: enable autobrief?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue May 26 15:48:01 PDT 2015

So, I'd love to not have to write '\brief' but that's not what this gives
us sadly.

The behavior of autobrief is that the brief snippet stops at the first '.'
in the text. It doesn't matter if that '.' is part of code or anything else.

The behavior of the '\brief' command is that the paragraph it marks is the
brief comment, and the detailed one starts with the next paragraph.

I want the second behavior, and *not* the first. Turning on the autobrief
setting and encouraging its use will just cause us to have bad brief
comments in the doxygen and easy to read source code. =/ I'd actually
rather we write the (annoying and ugly) '\brief' command in the comments
until the tools for extracting this are fixed to do something more sensible.