[LLVMdev] LLVM profiling

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Tue May 26 14:52:14 PDT 2015

"Naveed Ul Mustafa" <naveed.mustafa at bilkent.edu.tr> writes:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to perform edge profiling using on hello.bc file by using
> following command
>
> opt -insert-edge-profiling hello.bc -o hello-edge.bc

This flag has been gone since 2013 or so. The profiling infrastructure
this was part of was removed because it was unmaintained and getting in
the way of newer PGO efforts.

There is some information about PGO with today's clang in the user manual:

  http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#profile-guided-optimization