[LLVMdev] How to determine the architecture that clang/llvm will compile in CMake.

Peyton, Jonathan L jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com
Fri May 22 11:11:34 PDT 2015

I've been working on getting the LLVM OpenMP library to build smoothly alongside llvm/clang using CMake, but one problem I'm having is determining exactly which CMake option designates the architecture the compiler will compile.  I see LLVM_TARGET_ARCH, LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD, LLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE, etc.

I thought I should just ask which one designates the architecture the compiler will build, but I wouldn't mind an explanation for all of them :)

And yes, I've looked at http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html, but am still confused.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
-- Johnny