[LLVMdev] IRBuilder CreateCall2 etc removed?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:52:18 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile at majumdar.org.uk>
wrote:

> I updated my git clone and found that my code doesn't compile any more
> as the methods CreateCall2(), CreateCall3() etc. have been removed
> from IRBuilder.
>
> What is the rationale for this breaking change?

API simplification - rather than having a bunch of overloads, there's now
just one "CreateCall" function that takes an ArrayRef (actually it was
there before) and can be passed an init list {} of arguments.

The motivation was that I needed to add some overloads (one taking a
Function, another taking a Type and Value) for my work on opacifying
pointer types and didn't want to deal with adding them to each of the
CreateCallN overloads.

FWIW: LLVM's C++ API has no stability guarantees, there are breaking
changes in every commit.

- David