[LLVMdev] Proposal: change LNT’s regression detection algorithm and how it is used to reduce false positives

Kristof Beyls kristof.beyls at arm.com
Wed May 20 23:40:29 PDT 2015

Sounds like a great idea!

From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of Smith, Kevin B
Sent: 20 May 2015 23:54
To: Sean Silva; Chris Matthews
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Proposal: change LNT’s regression detection algorithm and how it is used to reduce false positives

Ø  Also, we can trivially eliminate running the regression detection algorithm if the binary hasn't changed.

Strongly agree.  Internal performance regression testing for Intel compiler uses this method to help eliminate noise. It is

a great first line method to greatly cut down on developer time wasted chasing phantoms.

Kevin Smith