[LLVMdev] Generating C code using LLVM

Aditya Avinash adityaavinash1 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:49:43 PDT 2015

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM, mats petersson <mats at planetcatfish.com>
wrote:

> From what input? Usually Clang is the tool for "rewriting C" (making
> source to source conversions), but it's not clear if that's what you are
> trying to achieve, so some more information would be useful.

I have successfully generated AST from my  "hypothetical language" which
can be translated to C. I want to use LLVM instead of building my own
compiler. Rewriting "C" may work (I may have to try). I don't want to
generate IR as it is hard to read whether the C output is exactly what I
meant to write.

> Afaict, LLVM won't generate C source code tho'.

Oh. No chance?
Thank you! :)

> ---
> Mats
>
> On 14 May 2015 at 20:44, Aditya Avinash <adityaavinash1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to use LLVM to generate C (partly, Intel AVX) code to test
>> some abstractions. Apparently, most of the documentation is related to
>> generating LLVM-IR. Are there any tools to do this? (I have generated AST
>> from these abstractions. I want to generate C code from it).
>> Thank you! :)
>>
>> PS: If this is a wrong mailinglist, help me with the right one.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> *Aditya Atluri,*
>>
>> *USA.*