[LLVMdev] Contributing a buildbot for the BPF backend

Marco Leogrande marcol at plumgrid.com
Thu May 7 20:56:25 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,
I am working with Alexei Starovoitov to contribute an LLVM buildbot
for the experimental BPF backend.
I am following the steps at [1] to setup a buildbot and I was mostly
successful: I was able to setup a slave and a temporary master to
check its base config.

Now I'm not sure about the next step: patching the "slaves.py" and
"builders.py" files in zorg.

* Is there a guide I can follow to understand the format of these
files? For example, being BPF an experimental backend, I need to
provide extra parameters to cmake at build time.

* Also, is there a way to test these changes in zorg in a local
environment before submitting the patch for review?

Thank you!

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html

Regards,

Marco Leogrande

Sent by a carbon-based life form; hence, it may contain repetitions,
inaccuracies, logical fallacies and repetitions.