[LLVMdev] [VIRUS PM SCAN ERROR] Getting all users of a metadata

Rami Gökhan Kıcı rkici at eng.ucsd.edu
Wed May 6 18:17:13 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I was wondering is there a way to access all the IR instructions that have
a specific metadata (which I create) during a link time optimization pass
rather than iterating over all the basic blocks? I'm trying to compile a
few MLOC and I wanted to optimize this process.

I'm using Clang 3.7, so Metadata is not a subclass of Value anymore. I was
also wondering what is a use case for TrackingMDRef? Could it be used to
achieve this goal?

Thanks,
Rami