[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.7 link error 'LTO-NOTFOUND.obj' using CMake build on Windows

Dibyendu Majumdar mobile at majumdar.org.uk
Fri May 1 15:07:49 PDT 2015

Hi

I am trying to link against the latest LLVM version, and I am getting
the following link error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'LTO-NOTFOUND.obj'

I am using CMake to build my project.
The following is used to obtain the list of libraries to link:

llvm_map_components_to_libnames(llvm_libs all)

The output from build shows:

1>  -- Found LLVM 3.7.0svn
1>  -- Using LLVMConfig.cmake in: c:\LLVM37\share\llvm\cmake
1>  -- llvm_libs
LLVMSupport;LLVMTableGen;LLVMCore;LLVMIRReader;LLVMCodeGen;LLVMSelectionDAG;LLVMAsmPrinter;LLVMBitReader;LLVMBitWriter;LLVMTransformUtils;LLVMInstrumentation;LLVMInstCombine;LLVMScalarOpts;LLVMipo;LLVMVectorize;LLVMObjCARCOpts;LLVMLinker;LLVMAnalysis;LLVMipa;LLVMLTO;LLVMMC;LLVMMCParser;LLVMMCDisassembler;LLVMObject;LLVMOption;LLVMDebugInfoDWARF;LLVMDebugInfoPDB;LLVMExecutionEngine;LLVMInterpreter;LLVMMCJIT;LLVMOrcJIT;LLVMRuntimeDyld;LLVMTarget;LLVMX86CodeGen;LLVMX86AsmParser;LLVMX86Disassembler;LLVMX86AsmPrinter;LLVMX86Desc;LLVMX86Info;LLVMX86Utils;LLVMAsmParser;LLVMLineEditor;LLVMProfileData;LLVMPasses;gtest;gtest_main;LTO

I have no problem building against 3.6.

Any idea what this issue is and how I can resolve it?

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu