[LLVMdev] [lldb-dev] What does "debugger tuning" mean?

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Fri May 1 13:36:51 PDT 2015

Sounds reasonable to me.

A few more things that vote for debugger tuning:

- LLDB doesn't like to have DWARF that has a class A that inherits from class B, but only a forward declaration of class B is provided.
- LLDB wants the .apple_XXX accelerator tables, GDB wants .debug_pubnames/.debug_pubtypes

So it would be great to have a "-debugger" flag that could be specified

-debugger=lldb
-debugger=gdb

Not sure on the option name, but I do like the idea.

Greg