[LLVMdev] Color diagnostics

Perry Hung perry at leaflabs.com
Tue Mar 31 00:35:13 PDT 2015

> There is no reasonable way to implement that IMO. It would require using
> dlopen to test for the library, open up a world of security and performance
> concerns, etc.
>
> I understand.  I also understand servers may not wish to have
ncurses/tinfo, and it may be an onerous hard dependency.

In any case, color diagnostics are advertised as default-on in the
documentation. It seems reasonable to expect that the release binaries
should reflect that.

Is this worth filing a bug?

In the meantime, I will bask in glorious color courtesy of trunk.