[LLVMdev] How to Cross Compile libcompiler_rt Static Library?

Chao Yan yanchao2012 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:28:46 PDT 2015

> I need to correct myself.  It is possible to cross compile it on Windows,
> but not using the provided build systems.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for helping. I'm using ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 system. I've tried cmake
for couple of days until I give up. You are right, using make build system
seems more feasible. I've combined the compiler_rt/make/platform/
clang_linux.mk and the compiler_rt/make/platform/clang_macho_embedded.mk.
So far it could cross-compile all of the files in
"compiler-rt/lib/builtins/" (*.c files). However, the libcompiler_rt.a
still missing functions such as "__aeabi_memset", "__aeabi_memcpy". These
functions were in "compiler_rt/lib/biltins/arm/" (*.S) files. They are not
included in any of the *.mk files. Do you have any idea on how to add these
assembly sources to the build list? BTW, did you build the complete
libcompiler_rt.a at the end?

Thanks,
Chao