[LLVMdev] How to Cross Compile libcompiler_rt Static Library?

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sun Mar 29 01:33:50 PDT 2015

Hi there,

> I've cross-compiled musl-libc to arm binaries with clang. It needs functions
> from static runtime library "libcompiler_rt.a". I tried to build compile_rt
> outside the llvm source tree. Using command like "make clang_linux", I can
> easily build "libcompiler_rt.a" for my host machine, which is X86_64. But
> how can I *cross-compile* the compiler_rt runtime libraries?

I am cross-compiling compiler-rt for my specific use-case. That said,
I'm cross-compiling from x86-64 to x86-64, but for a different ABI.
This is what I use:

https://github.com/NuxiNL/cloudlibc/wiki/Building-runtime-libraries#user-content-compiler-rt

As you can see, I'm using CMake. Works pretty well so far. Hopefully
something like this will work for you as well?

--
Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>