[LLVMdev] Xtext grammar for LLVM MC assembler.

Dominique Torette dominique at quidams.net
Wed Mar 25 02:23:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've developed a Machine Code assembler for an in-house
micro-controller.
I would like to have an Eclipse integrated editor aware of the syntax of
this controller.
For this, I have to write the Xtext grammar of this assembler.
This grammar is composed of two the parts: the controller instructions
set (and addressing modes) but also the generic LLVM MC assembler
directives('.equ','.byte,'.fill','.align',...).
I've already written the grammar for the instruction set.
I'm ready to start some reverse engineering on
'llvm/lib/MC/MCParser/AsmParser.cpp' to identify all the generic grammar
rules.

But before starting this activity, is there already Xtext grammar for
the generic directives of MC AsmParser?
Most of these directives are compatible with GNU toolchain, but I'm also
looking for the documentation for these directives.

Regards, Dominique Torette.