[LLVMdev] LLVM Exception Handling

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Tue Mar 24 10:16:36 PDT 2015

On 3/24/15 10:32 AM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
> I haven't dug into your example, but I would say exceptions don't work
> on Windows yet.
>
> I don't know why it doesn't work on Mac.

The symptoms look like what happens when you have two copies of the rtti
each in different SOs. If that's the problem, then throwing from one SO
and trying to catch in the other will terminate this way when the
first's typeinfos don't match against any in the second.

I don't know the JIT well at all, but I'd suggest printing out the
address of the type info for int, _ZTIi, and check that they're the same
in both the JIT-ee and the JIT-er.

Jon