[LLVMdev] [GSoC] Improvent of PRE in LLVM compiler

Aradhya Biswas cs11b003 at iith.ac.in
Mon Mar 23 08:44:39 PDT 2015

Greetings,

I am Aradhya Biswas, final year student of Computer Science and Engineering
at Indian Institute of technology Hyderabad (IITH), and as mentioned in my
previous email on the LLVM dev mailing list, I am interested to work
towards the improvement of PRE in the LLVM.

Through this email I would like to sincerely request for comments and views
regarding my GSoC 2015 proposal [link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C-dy_RzowFMDrvBOqYyc8x0YCZynC45I3KvJdxg3cLE/pub>]
in this regard.

My current proposal deals with only with completing the PRE implementation.
But, I understand from this
<https://groups.google.com/d/topic/llvm-dev/MUCiFJVLDi4/discussion> earlier
discussion that Dan Berlin is working on rewriting the GVN module of LLVM
in his repository <https://github.com/dberlin/llvm-gvn-rewrite>.

In LLVM, as the GVN and PRE are effectively one module, I would like to
like to have the community's feedback on the possibility of extending my
PRE proposal into one that also works towards a better GVN-PRE module by
working on the GVN as well.

Thanks,
Aradhya Biswas
Final Year Undergraduate Student,
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad