[LLVMdev] Final added to parser<bool>

Reed Kotler Reed.Kotler at imgtec.com
Thu Mar 19 04:30:46 PDT 2015

One could argue that mclinker is doing something good or not by how it's using this class
but I don't see the need for parser<bool> to be final. That is a subjective opinion that mclinker needs to
be changed.

I think that "final" was added  to some of these command line classes to avoid some kind of clang warning.

That seems wrong to me that the tools are dictating something in an API.

There may be other valid reasons to create derived classes.

I think we should remove the "final" attribute on those classes and fix the clang warning issue in some
better way than changing the API.

If mclinker had been part of the llvm project tools tree that would not have been allowed even.