[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Aaron Ballman aaron at aaronballman.com
Wed Mar 11 07:57:33 PDT 2015

On 11 March 2015 at 14:43, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe. But the point is still that we seem to be OK with putting more
> pain on Windows and OS X users (of whatever type) than Linux.

As a data point: we require so much stuff to be installed on Windows
before you can build LLVM and Clang, and CMake is basically the
easiest prerequisite out of the bunch (they have binary packages, a
common installation strategy, and don't require manual steps to get it
to work). There are far more painful things I would prefer us to take
issue with than CMake prerequisites on Windows.

~Aaron