[LLVMdev] Google Summer of Code

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Mon Mar 9 13:52:12 PDT 2015

+Easily, some of the code snippets end up being copied dozens of
+times, which leads to worse maintainability, understandability and logical
+design.

The project description stresses code maintainability and logical design more than bug finding due to omissions in copy and pasted code. Reading this made me think of a check that would suggest people to replace copy and pasted code with a function call or something like that... Examples do stress the specific bugs that could be found, which is what I had in mind:

+   Copy-paste infrastructure could be used to build other "goodies". Some
+examples and possible applications are:

Is this intentional? If not, maybe we could rephrase a bit with more emphasis on bug finding. I would also make it a requirement to use the infrastructure for bug detection.

Thanks for driving this!
Anna.