[LLVMdev] Ravi - an experimental dialect/derivative of Lua with LLVM based JIT compilation

Dibyendu Majumdar mobile at majumdar.org.uk
Sun Mar 8 05:09:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to introduce Ravi, which is a new programming language
based on Lua 5.3. I am implementing a JIT compiler for Ravi/Lua using
LLVM.

The main enhancement in Ravi compared to Lua is optional static
typing. The design and the implementation status of Ravi is described
in the main website (link below). I am also documenting my experiences
with LLVM as I implement Ravi.

Ravi is work in progress. Only a fraction of Lua bytecodes are
currently JIT compiled. I hope to implement a large percentage of the
Lua bytecodes by the middle of this year.

The project documentation can be found at:

http://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

The main website where development is occurring is:

https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi

I would be grateful if Ravi could be added to the list of projects using LLVM.

Thanks and Regards

Dibyendu