[LLVMdev] Open Projects in LLVM

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 20:23:13 PST 2015

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Bhushan Sonawane <bhushan.s.94 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have worked on LLVM for my project related to Register Allocation.
> Bernhard Scholz suggested that Implementing Branch and Bound Heuristic for
> Reduce N in PBQP register Allocation for LLVM would be to great project to
> work on.

+Lang, who implemented the PBQP register allocator in LLVM. I believe it
shouldn't be too hard to find the reduce N heuristic & implement an
alternative one.

> I'm looking forward to implement it in LLVM system.
> How should i get start about it ?

Assuming you've gone through all of this:
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html and got yourself a build setup,
you might want to read http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html which
describes how to contribute to the LLVM project.

As always: "Patches welcome"

> I would also like to know about some of the other projects in LLVM.

We have a list of open project ideas though it tends to bitrot - so you
might want to check before you attempt any (maybe someone's solved it
before, or they have some context on prior attempts/suggestions/etc):
http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html

- David