[LLVMdev] RFC - Improvements to PGO profile support

Diego Novillo dnovillo at google.com
Mon Mar 2 16:19:27 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google.com> wrote:

I've created a few bugzilla issues with details of some of the things I'll
> be looking into. I'm not yet done wordsmithing the overall design document.
> I'll try to finish it by early next week at the latest.

The document is available at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VNiD-TmHqqao_8P-ArIsWj1KdtU-ElLFaYPmZdrDMI/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VNiD-TmHqqao_8P-ArIsWj1KdtU-ElLFaYPmZdrDMI/edit?usp=sharing>

There are several topics covered. Ideally, I would prefer that we discuss
each topic separately. The main ones I will start working on are the ones
described in the bugzilla links we have in the doc.

This is just a starting point for us. I am not at all concerned with
implementing exactly what is proposed in the document. In fact, if we can
get the same value using the existing support, all the better.

OTOH, any other ideas that folks may have that work better than this are
more than welcome. I don't have really strong opinions on the matter. I am
fine with whatever works.

Thanks.  Diego.