[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] 3.6.2-rc1 has been tagged. Testers needed.

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Fri Jun 26 22:38:48 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm not sure how important this will be but I found problems [1] with
the way the test-release script creates packages. Specifically it's
not using DESTDIR for the temporary tarball directory and instead is
using --prefix and it really shouldn't be doing that.

My observation so far has been that the only breakages I've seen are
that the LLVM CMake export files have broken paths in them in the
3.5.0 binary tarballs.

For some reason the LLVM 3.6.x release binary tarballs don't have the
CMake export files in. Any idea what happened there?

I'm going to a bit more testing myself but where are the release
candidate tarballs being uploaded to? I was expecting
http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.6.2/rc1/ but there's nothing there.

[1] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20150622/284436.html

Thanks,
Dan.