[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] LLVM 3.7 release plans

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Jun 23 07:56:59 PDT 2015

On 23 June 2015 at 15:40, Daniel Sanders <Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:
> I have mixed opinions on it. For the 32-bit Mips packages I normally do it's definitely a good thing (it allows me to ship sanitizers for one). However, I'm hoping to do Mips64 packages too and I recently discovered cmake problems with Mips64 and find_library(). I don't think this should stop everyone switching over to cmake but it would be good to retain the option of autoconf for a bit longer.

That's a good point.

> I was surprised by the lack of compiler-rt in the Mips packages too. It turned out that only X86 built compiler-rt in an autoconf-based build.

Because I haven't integrated RT and libcxx well enough into Clang on
ARM/AArch64, I haven't bothered getting them in the binary tarball.
Our binary distribution was more of a proof of validation than drop-in
replacement for anything, anyway. I normally let the job of getting
all the deps in the right place for distro folks.

But now that we are validating them all on both ARM and AArch64, it's
about time to make sure they work well in the binary distribution as
well. But I can't do that using autoconf.

cheers,
--renato