[LLVMdev] Opt option -dot-edge-numbers

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:34:33 PDT 2015

On 5/28/15 7:58 AM, Naveed Ul Mustafa wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using the release 33 of LLVM. This release supports
> -insert-edge-profiling option for opt. But it doesnt provide/supports the
> -dot-edge-numbers option.
>
> Where can I find the file implementing this option (e.g, the source file
> for edge profiling is located in lib/transforms/instrumentation)?

Have you tried using grep on the source tree to see if this option
exists within LLVM 3.3?

If this option does not exist within LLVM 3.3, then you have a few
limited options:

1) Find a version of LLVM which supports both of the options you need;
2) Find a version of LLVM with -dot-edge-numbers and integrate it into
LLVM 3.3;
3) Find another solution which doesn't require having the
-dot-edge-numbers option.

I'm assuming that -dot-edge-numbers generated a GraphViz file with the
profiling information.  Such code should be fairly simple, so writing it
yourself or porting it from another version of LLVM shouldn't be too
much work.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Regards,

John Criswell