[LLVMdev] Can't Use cmake?

Peter Finn peterdfinn at icloud.com
Fri Jun 19 10:42:11 PDT 2015

Hello,

I’m trying to get the SAFECode compiler up and running for work I’ll be doing, and in trying to configure LLVM (according to the information at http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html), I ran into some confusion.  In step 8 in the section "Getting Started Quickly (A Summary)”, I realized that I wouldn’t be able to follow the steps exactly as described, because they tell me to create a new directory called “build” and then cd to it and try to use cmake.  How was this supposed to work, given that I’m doing this from a newly created empty directory?  Every time I try it, bash tells me that the command “cmake” wasn’t found.  What am I supposed to do here?

Thank you,
Peter Finn