[LLVMdev] Building doxygen documentation

Kit Barton kbarton at ca.ibm.com
Tue Jun 16 09:42:46 PDT 2015

Hi,
I'm trying to build the doxygen documentation for LLVM and I'm running into
some problems.
I suspect the build is running out of memory on the machine I'm using. I'm
seeing the following error:

   Parsing
   file /home/kbarton/llvm/llvm-dev/lib/Transforms/Utils/SimplifyInstructions.cpp...
   Preprocessing /home/kbarton/llvmASSERT: "header==HEADER" in marshal.cpp
   (729)
   doxygen: arguments.cpp:45: static ArgumentList* ArgumentList::unmarshal
   (StorageIntf*): Assertion `count<1000000' failed.
   /llvm-dev/lib/Transforms/Utils/SimplifyLibCalls.cpp...
   Parsing
   file /home/kbarton/llvm/llvm-dev/lib/Transforms/Utils/SimplifyLibCalls.cpp...

Is there someone that is building the documentation on a regular basis that
I could get some help from? Specifically, I'm wondering if there is a
minimum machine config that should be used (I'm using a VM with not a lot
of memory) or if there is a way to trim down the amount of documentation
that is built.

Thanks,

Kit Barton, Ph.D.
LLVM Development on POWER