[LLVMdev] Loop Vectorization and Store-Load Forwarding issue

Arnold aschwaighofer at apple.com
Sat Jun 13 12:25:22 PDT 2015

I think this should be a call on TargetTransformInfo (TTI) similar to the instruction costs (TTI is a machine model). Targets can override this with the right value.

If we add a(nother) machine model we also  have to implement the APIs to query it. I don't think we would save complexity here and we add another model to maintain.

If we want have this in a description fiIe I think we should express in terms of the existing machine sched model. We could for example  express this in terms of the existing load and store latencies and then have TTI query it through targetloweringinfo. Though I am not convinced that is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone