[LLVMdev] NVPTX questions

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jun 11 07:31:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

I started experimenting with the NVPTX backend and have been successful so far, however I ran into two issues:

1.       How do I access createNVVMReflectPass properly? The header in which it is defined is not installed along with other headers when (using CMake, if that matters), so I am currently declaring it directly in my code.

2.       When using mathematical functions like powf or sqrtf, I need to use __nv_powf and __nv_sqrtf from libdevice. This works fine but unlike powf, expressions like powf(x, 0.5f), where .5f is constant are not optimized/strength reduced.
Is there any way to call powf, then optimize then rename these calls later on (and probably optimize again...)? Or is there a better approach?

Regards
Johannes

--
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer, MSc
Wiss. Mitarbeiter - Interactive Engineering Technologies (IET)

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-606  |  Fax +49 6151 155-139
johannes.mueller-roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de