[LLVMdev] C++14 support for shared_mutex

Marshall Clow mclow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:21:10 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Edward Diener <
eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com> wrote:

> I notice libc++ has a _LIBCPP_VERSION macro. Couldn't libc++ at least
> document somewhere that for any given version _LIBCPP_VERSION it supports
> some given list of libraries ? That would be sensible in my mind. Then what
> it supports is independent of the compiler which uses it.

(Copy of a part of a response I posted on cfe-dev)

The  _LIBCPP_VERSION macro changes when a breaking changed is made to
libc++.
So far, there have not been any. (or, at least, any major ones).

We've had discussions about having a version number for libc++, but that's
all they've been ... discussions.

-- Marshall