[LLVMdev] R600 -> AMDGPU rename coming on Friday

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Mon Jun 8 13:41:13 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm finally going to do the R600->AMDGPU rename this Friday.  This is something
I originally proposed last July [1], but had to put off in order to avoid
creating really bad merge headaches for some users.  The only change from
my original proposal is that I'll just keep the existing r600 and amdgcn
triples rather than adding a new one for amdgpu.  If anyone has any
strong objections to me doing this on Friday, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

[1] htttp://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2014-July/075151.html