[LLVMdev] Supporting heterogeneous computing in llvm, follow up.

Heinrich Riebler heinrich.riebler at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Jun 8 07:11:13 PDT 2015

Hello Chris,

your work sounds very interesting.

We are working on something quite similar. Our system, called BAAR
(Binary Acceleration at Runtime), analyzes an application in LLVM IR at
runtime, identifies hotspots and generates parallelized and vectorized
implementations on-the-fly. Afterwards the offloading is done transparently.
In contrast to your work, we are targeting the Intel Xeon Phi accelerator
(Intel Many Integrated Core Architecture; MIC). To detect suitable loops we
are using Polly and to get the binary for the accelerator we are leveraging
the Intel compilers. The overall architecture is basically client/server-style.

You can find more details in our publication. The project is open source,
available at https://github.com/pc2/baar

We are looking forward to hear and see more from Hexe.

Regards,
  Heinrich