[LLVMdev] RFC: Drop support running LLVM on Windows XP

Martell Malone martellmalone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:35:27 PDT 2015

> I think we should definitely get a note into the weekly update. We may
> also want to get it into the 3.7 release notes as a warning to users.

+1

As long as the new APIs are also supported on current MinGW-w64 compilers,
> I am for this switch.

May I also suggest dropping support for mingw.org toolchains for both hosts
and targets
They are pre windows 7 and only support 32bit x86 targets

mingw-w64 has been maintained to support newer api's and now supports x64
and arm.