[LLVMdev] ARM unwinding bug

Ben Pye ben at curlybracket.co.uk
Wed Jul 29 15:11:47 PDT 2015

> There are a lot of Windows folks in LLVM, and certainly good support
> for it, including on ARM, so maybe that would get more traction and
> even get done quicker than trying to debug here a problem in an
> external library. Even though you want your CoreCLR to work on
> Android, I assume this will be mainly developed from a Windows IDE, so
> IDE folks that know a thing or two about unwinding in this list might
> have a better chance at getting interested and fixing it than command
> line folks like me.

My initial focus certainly isn't Android, it's probably the biggest
application of an ARM port sure, but currently plain ARMv7 Linux is what
I'm targeting. Windows uses it's own unwinder from the OS and so libunwind
is cross-plat specific thing. Perhaps it'd be worth trying to get it
implemented, I did look and it looked not too difficult, but that was me
glancing over the code in a few minutes.

> What's the GCC version you're using?

4.8.4, again packaged from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, not sure if they include any
patches that'd change this behaviour.

Ben.