[LLVMdev] ARM unwinding bug

Ben Pye ben at curlybracket.co.uk
Wed Jul 29 14:46:52 PDT 2015

> You should also realise that using another libunwind makes matters
> more complex, because now it's far less likely that the LLVM's
> libunwind folks will be interested in fixing that...

I certainly understand the issue in using PathScale's libunwind, but the
lack of unw_get_save_loc is somewhat problematic and means that it is
preferable to use the other libunwind within coreclr. I do think I tried to
use the LLVM libunwind however with my repro, as a static library, and got
the same behaviour with both GCC and Clang (certainly with the full coreclr
I tried and had the same issue), so again your crash seems strange, have
you tried with LLVMs libunwind with a static library? There was some
further issue that prompted me to use that instead of a shared library, but
this was over a week ago so sorry for forgetting exactly what it is I
tried.

I do wish there was some better way to build code for the platform, but
short of spending more money than I can really afford for an open source
project, I am somewhat stuck for the time being, so apologies for not
trying on trunk as I said.

Ben.