[LLVMdev] a question about pooalloc

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:32:49 PDT 2015

On 7/27/15 1:49 AM, Q Z wrote:
> Hello, today I download poolalloc from
> "https://github.com/llvm-mirror/poolalloc
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_llvm-2Dmirror_poolalloc&d=AwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=Mfk2qtn1LTDThVkh6-oGglNfMADXfJdty4_bhmuhMHA&m=nN_UMUoLRuHAB3OBaALnnt_b7iqegP-ixeduHiJ0zRo&s=Opd7uVKJrmd5_56qs2Mv5O4BptROfT_46M7ctPXuMQ4&e=>".
> and I compiled it with LLVM3.3. Then when I excute "make",I get the
> error:
> AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp:18:30:fatal error:llvm/IR/CallSite.h: No such
> file or directory.
>
> ​I correct the path of callsite.h to "llvm/Support/Callsite.h". there
> is another error:
> AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp:In function 'bool isAddresTaken(llvm::Value)'
> AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp:39:18: error: 'class llvm::User' hao no
> member named 'getUser'
> User *U = I->getUser();
>> so I wonder if I get the wrong version, and where should I get the
> right version compiler with LLVM3.3?

If you need DSA, you should be able to use it with LLVM mainline. Note
that lib/PoolAllocate won't compile; no one has updated it to work with
an LLVM version newer than LLVM 3.2.

If you need both DSA and the Automatic Pool Allocation transform, you
should use LLVM 3.2 with the release_32 branch of the poolalloc project
(details for downloading these versions are in the SAFECode Install
Directions at http://sva.cs.illinois.edu/docs/Install.html).

If you don't mind me asking, do you need the Automatic Pool Allocation
transform or just DSA?  If you only need DSA, for what do you need it?
I've seen a drastic increase in the number of people wanting to use DSA
in the past year, and I'm curious as to whether there's a pattern.

Regards,

John Criswell

--
John Criswell