[LLVMdev] [LLD] support for dlltool generated libs in COFF/PECOFF

Martell Malone martellmalone at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 06:23:41 PDT 2015

Hi Ivan, :)

For testing purposes, I've managed to make the old COFF linker work with a
> simple test case

Have you got patches for this that I can look at ?

Had to make two little changes, and link the exe manually, because the
> linker doesn't understand the GNU flags

I've solved the issue of having a GNU driver for the linker so that's not
an issue anymore
I sent in patches to the mailing list on this previously :)
I keep them updated over in the msys2 project btw

By the way, even the MS linker works with the binutils generated import
> libraries.

Yes i assume binutils was based from a very old version of a MS linker
which did this layout at the time.
lld is so much newer and the MS linker has been updated to a more modern
layout which is why we have this issue

Kind Regards
Martell

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Ivan Garramona <heavenandhell171 at gmail.com