[LLVMdev] is it impossible to use the external llvm custom pass on windows?

Nico Rieck nico.rieck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 05:42:35 PDT 2015

On 22.07.2015 15:35, Hong Seok wrote:
> i want to use the external LLVM pass that built in out-of-source on windows.
> and, my sample pass just dump the llvm::Module during compiling some source
> code.

It's currently not possible to use external passes on Windows. You could
hack something together by dllexporting and -importing the PassRegistry
(IIRC there was a patch for this a long time ago), but this fails for
passes with dependencies. You also cannot use any flags like -debug in
this case.

--Nico