[LLVMdev] Compiling LibC++ with LLVM on ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Jul 24 04:35:49 PDT 2015

Hi Marshall,

I'm trying to compile the whole thing in one go by adding libcxx and
libcxxabi into llvm/src/projects.

The first stage obviously has to use the system compiler, which is GCC
4.8.2, but I'm getting an error on ARM:

Unwind-EHABI.cpp:1000:47: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant
 _LIBUNWIND_EXPORT extern "C" _Unwind_Reason_Code

with the caret pointing at _Unwind_Reason_Code.

With Clang, it passes, as it's what I'm using on the libcxx ARM buildbot.

I tried using -std=c++11 on CXXFLAGS, but didn't seem to have made a difference.

Ideas?

cheers,
--renato

PS: I have other problems with AArch64, but let's deal with this one first. :)