[LLVMdev] Bang Operator

Meador Inge meadori at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:25:28 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Sky Flyer <skylake007 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I don't find anything helping me understand the llvm bang operator. In the
> llvm TableGen language reference, it only says:
>
> 'TableGen also has “bang operators” which have a wide variety of meanings:'
>
> I would be very thankful if someone can explain it to me.
>
> e.g. what does "!strconcat" or "!if" mean?

Those are defined in the "Language Introduction":

http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/LangIntro.html#tablegen-values-and-expressions

Not sure why we have things split into three separate pages:

  * TableGen - http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/index.html

  * Introduction - http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/LangIntro.html

  * Reference - http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/LangRef.html

I consistently find myself lost between those pages.

-- Meador