[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Jul 21 09:23:29 PDT 2015

On 21 July 2015 at 16:19, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:
> I presume you mean the contents of the tarball?

Yes.

> Having ``/usr/local/`` inside the tarball was intentional because it
> makes it clear where the package is intended to be installed.

This can't be right. LLVM doesn't release only on Linux.

Also, add-on toolchains don't go to /usr/local, or they would
overwrite the system one. If I want to untar, say, in /opt, I'd have a
/opt/usr/local structure, which is confusing.

Leave the specific position of the tar-ball to the system that is
being distributed at.

cheers,
--renato