[LLVMdev] New linker ownership

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Fri Jul 17 16:51:50 PDT 2015

Chandler makes a good point that Nick is the obvious current code owner of the MachO aspects of LLD. To codify current reality in CODE_OWNERS.txt, that’s straightforward and a good thing to do. There’s a bit more to it than just that, however. The goal of CODE_OWNERS.txt is to give high level guidance for who to ask questions of, seek out for code review, find for partnering up for collaborating on crazy ideas, etc.. The right person for a great deal of that on LLD+Darwin is Lang, and it would be a shame to have the official listing not reflect that. It seems to me we should just keep it simple and list both Nick and Lang in CODE_OWNERS.txt. Assuming Nick and Lang are both OK with that, of course.

-Jim