[LLVMdev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Fri Jul 17 12:36:23 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 17 July 2015 at 17:53, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
>> I've created the branch and rc1 tag for libunwind, and included it in
>> the scripts in r242543. Let me know how it works out.
>
> Thanks! It solved the CMake issue, but now it doesn't build. Since I
> had problems building libcxx on ARM directly before, I won't release
> them now. Just Clang+tools and Compiler RT.

Sounds good to me.

> Still, removing the libraries from the list of projects (and
> commenting out the hardcoded symlinks), I can build all the way to
> Phase3, but some of the ASAN tests fail (not sure why) and the tar
> ball isn't created.
>
> I'll investigate the ASAN issues, but it would be good to create the
> binary package anyway, so at least I can upload it to the website and
> other people test their stuff while I figure out the problems in the
> tests.

I thought we ran the tests with "make -k", so I'd expect the tarball
to be created anyway. Hmm...

> Finally, for some reason, the install directory is
> ...install/usr/local/... which is odd.

Oops, that's from r242187. I think the install directory is fine, but
it shouldn't become part of the tarball.

> I'll send a patch with some changes to the test-release.sh script.

Thanks! Are you including a fix for not including "/usr/local" in the
tarball? Otherwise I'll do that.

Cheers,
Hans